MOVE WELL every day for at least 30 minutes. Do you ever think about feeling better and more specifically feeling more fit? What are you actively doing to MANIFEST HEALTH? Just know that you don’t have to start working out for hours multiple times each week to get results. Finding a consistent way to move your body is far more important than how much your exercise.
Moving Well everyday for at least 30 minutes is a great natural remedy for increasing your fitness level and increasing your wellness in a very short time. How many different ways can you possibly move?
Keep your creative juices flowing when it comes to moving your body. Make it interesting, match it to your current fitness level and most importantly HAVE FUN! Always know that you can move anywhere, anytime and in anyway you possibly can.
So how can you create your workout wherever you are? These words can certainly lead us in many directions. Today I am focusing on HIKING IN THE PHOENIX AREA.
When I lived in Seattle I would have to drive at least 30 minutes to get to the hiking that interested me. Here in the Greater Phoenix Area there’s a convenient area called Thunderbird Conservation Park (59th Avenue exit off of Highway 101 in Glendale, AZ).
Compared to other hikes I’ve been on it’s fairly easy, but there are many ways you can increase the challenge by being creative. The best part about Thunderbird Conservation Park is how many different types of workouts can be created at this one location.
At the Thunderbird Conservation Park (Glendale, AZ area) you have many choices. It is dog friendly (on a leash) and a great place for the entire family. You can hike to the top and back down again in about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Here are SOME possible workouts you can create there:
- South end has an easy flat place to walk/hike
- Walk to the top & back down at your pace
- Run to the top & back down at your pace
- Create a run/walk that matches your current fitness level
- Ride your mountain bike up to the top & back
- Improve your balance/coordination on the uneven rocks
- Place to sprint at the bottom of the mountain
- Steps that you can run up & down
- The steps are great for groups doing exercises together
- Concrete picnic tables which are great for stretching legs
- Tables are perfect height for inclined push ups
Workout Tips for your best hike
Hydrate before, during & after your workout
- Carry water in a day pack
- Wear sturdy hiking shoes
- Wear a hat to protect your hair/scalp
- Cover your skin up or use sun block in Arizona
No matter what your workout choice is the most important piece is BEING CONSISTENT. Normal DNA is created with a minimum of 30 minutes of body movement each day. It’s amazing how fast you will MANIFEST HEALTH. Your FEEL GOOD FEELINGS from your efforts will show up in a very short time with consistency.
Holistic Loveland, CO Chiropractor & Life Reset Coach©
Dr. Debbie Thompson